Wax is dead. Ceramic Coatings and Paint Protection Films are high-tech, long-lasting ways to protect your vehicle’s paint.
Everywhere you turn, there’s a commercial for ceramic coatings and paint protection films. They sound great in the 30-second spot, but what do they do, and why do you need them?
What are Ceramic Coatings?
Ceramic coatings utilize nanotechnology, forming a fine, thin layer utterly invisible to the eye. When applied to a finish, these tiny particles seal all the pores, making them water-repellent. It also makes the finish resistant to UV, scratches, chemicals, extreme heat, and graffiti.
The ceramic layer acts as a transparent shield of protection for your vehicle’s paint.
Why do I need Ceramic Coatings?
- It protects your car again sun damage and oxidation – Ceramic coatings prevent ultraviolet rays from reaching your car’s paint keeping it looking new and glossy for years.
- Helps Aide in Micro-marring – The hard, thick layer of ceramic coating will help prevent light scratches and swirl marks.
- Longer Lasting – Ceramic coatings last much longer than wax or sealants. Ceramic coatings, when properly maintained, last years, not months like wax or sealants.
- Your Car Stays Clean Longer – Ceramic coatings repel dirt and other substances, making it difficult for dirt to stick to the surface. This means you won’t have to wash your car as frequently.
- Easy to Maintain – Since your car stays clean longer and dirt doesn’t directly doesn’t stick to your vehicle, it is easier to clean. Just remember to use products specially developed for Ceramic Coatings.
What is STEK DYNOshield Paint Protection Film (PPF)?
STEK DYNOshield is an ultra-glossy, hydrophobic, self-healing, and puncture-resistant clear bra with a nano-ceramic topcoat that bonds to the film at a molecular level. This product has extreme hydrophobic properties and virtually eliminates the need for waxes.
Why does my vehicle need Paint Protection Film?
- It is stain-resistant, so there is no fading.
- It stays shiny (or matte depending upon the film) and requires no waxing.
- Easy to remove contaminants such as sap, so they don’t eat into your paint.
- Easy to maintain, just wash in a detergent made for ceramic coatings and go.
- Self-healing: You can remove the scratch with heat or hot water if something hits it like a rock or shopping cart.
No matter which high-tech product you choose, you can be assured that the factory-trained installers at Blue Star Auto Salon can help your vehicle stay looking new longer.
Blue Star is offering a special on its Pacific Northwest Package for a limited time. This package contains a Full Front Paint Protection Film and Full Body Ceramic Coating.
The products come with a warranty, and ceramic coatings are reported to Carfax, which adds more value to your vehicle when it comes time to resell.
Call 206-380-4340 NOW to schedule your appointment.